This is a list of the planned or recent litters of members of the Lagotto Club of America members who wish to be listed. Prospective puppy buyers need to do their own due diligence. The Lagotto Club of America takes no responsibility for the puppies. This list is simply an informational service.
If you are thinking of breeding your Lagotto, you need to consider the following:
1. Does your Lagotto have a good temperament?
2. Is he/she a good representative of the breed type and conformation?
3. Have you reviewed the agreement (if any) with your breeder to determine if your puppy was sold with a "restricted from breeding" clause?
4. Have you checked your AKC FSS papers to see if your dog has a limited (from breeding) registration?
5. Have you reviewed the LCA Code Ethics to be sure that you are in compliance with the rules pertaining to breeding a litter and placing puppies?
We urge anyone looking for a Lagotto puppy to register on the Lagotto discussion website: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lagotto/ and to join the Lagotto Club of America. Please remember that this is a very rare breed and not inexpensive, regardless if you purchase a puppy from a North American breeder or one from Europe or Australia. Information about importing and breeders is available on http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lagotto/ - search the messages. Some foreign breeders are members of the Lagotto Club of America and are listed on the Lagotto Club website: http://www.lagottous.com . It is wise to insure you are dealing with a responsible breeder. For more information go to the Lagotto Club of America website and read the Code of Ethics. There are no rescue Lagotto available so far, but the coordinator who keeps a list of people who would like a rescue Lagotto is Chris Gornik at: